- Small business owners v. entrepreneurs
- Choosing a lawyer
- Legal structures
- Employment law
- Government regulation
- Warranty and liability
- Intellectual property
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Understand basic legal terminology and the larger legal environment
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of the three basic legal structures of business organization (sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations)
- Identify the three major types of franchises and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of franchising
- Explain different types of taxation and an employer's tax duties
- Define the legal elements involved in forming a contract
- Understand the basics of warranties and product liability
- Identify the major areas of federal regulation that apply to businesses
- Understand basic legal principles applying to real and personal property
- Describe the three types of bankruptcy defined under federal law
- Explain the major legal protections for intellectual property rights
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
As anAccredited Provider, MindEdge offers for its learning events that comply with the Continuing Education and Training Standard.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receivecredit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.