- Eight parts of speech
- Common mistakes and how to fix them
- Phrases, clauses, and sentences
- Generating compound, complex, and compound-complex sentences
- Advanced punctuation
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Identify the form and function of the eight parts of speech
- Sort words and phrases into the eight parts of speech in sentences and paragraphs
- Define and identify subclasses within the eight parts of speech
- Correct common mistakes in using the eight parts of speech
- Recognize and correct common syntactic errors, such as subject-verb agreement, ambiguous pronoun references, and dangling modifiers
- Define and identify different types of phrases, clauses, and sentences
- Identify how clauses can be joined
- Generate simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex sentence structures
- Explain and correctly use semicolons, colons, commas, dashes, slashes, ellipses, square brackets, and apostrophes
- Define a style guide and its use
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
As anAccredited Provider, MindEdge offers for its learning events that comply with the Continuing Education and Training Standard.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receivecredit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.