- Effective communication
- Communication models and methods
- Factors for effective communication
- Communicating with purpose
- Tips for ensuring effective communication
- What is your message?
- Consider your audience
- Active listening
- Effective meetings
- The problem with jargon
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Define "communication," and explain why effective communication is important in the workplace
- Distinguish between push communications and pull communications, and explain the different elements of a communications model
- List the major characteristics of effective communication and describe how to use them
- Formulate a clear primary message and develop appropriate secondary messages to support it
- Distinguish between "communicating up" and "communicating down," and demonstrate your ability to do each effectively
- Practice active listening
- Run a meeting effectively
- Identify and eliminate jargon from your work communications
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
As anAccredited Provider, MindEdge offers for its learning events that comply with the Continuing Education and Training Standard.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receivecredit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.